Saturday, August 5, 2017

No Grit, No Pearl.


This Mermaid's Tail set from Ellen Hutson by Julie Ebersole is getting a lot of use in my craft room. I LOVE it. I made this card for a craft gathering where each participant created 2 similar cards to share. It was a wonderful day. I used some techniques that were new to me on this one.  If you look closely, you can see some feint embossing on the DOX background. I used the stencil from Hero Arts May Card Kit for the embossing. This is a new technique to me, and I am using it frequently right now. I also used water to stamp the sea bubbles (Designs By Ryn) on the DOX ink background. I LOVE the effect. There is so much wonderful color and texture on this card. It's a keeper... or maybe a sender...

I am playing at:
Inkspirational Challenge #140 - I chose the colors and sea theme as my inspiration.

Watercooler Wednesday #130 - Feminine Anything Goes

8 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Stephanie, what a lovely card! The background is a stunning mix of sea greens and blues. Love the results, especially with that beautiful stencilling. This provides a wonderful backdrop for that eye-catching mermaid's tail. (Love the sentiment, too.) Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I was wondering, when you would show this beauty! I just love it!
I am still holding onto mine, waiting for the right occasion ;)

Penny Hanuszak said...

WOW I flipped when I saw this mermaid's tail! Awesome card and great techniques to create the stunning background of sea greens and blues. Love the bubbles and how the tail is facing downwards. Thanks for joining us this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Shauna said...

What cool techniques to create such a fun background! Love your bold colors and the mermaid inspiration. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Created by Kath said...

Your background is beautiful.Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

libbystamps said...

Quite a stunning card! Thanks for playing along with Watercooler Wednesday and Gail's Feminine Anything Goes Challenge this week!

cm said...

GASP! Your card literally took my breath away; talk about making an impressive 'splash' with the mermaid's tale! And that background...swoon! LOVE this and beyond thrilled that you brought it to the Inkspirational gallery!
Hugs~c

sandie said...

Congrats on getting top 3 at Ink c